Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday inspiration; Mister Finch!

Yesterday I found the British textile artist Mister Finch, and it's an understatement that I got amazed! The guy is apparently self taught and mostly uses recycled materials. I think his work has that special combo of mystery and melancholy that I just love! It seams like you can buy his things at Etsy, right now his shop is empty, but I can't wait to buy something from him: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MisterFinch

This is how he describes his own work:
"My main inspiration come from nature and often I return to certain ideas again and again. Flowers, insects and birds really fascinate me with their amazing life cycles and extraordinary nests and behaviour. British folklore is also so beautifully rich in fabulous stories and warnings and never ceases to be at the heart of what I make. Shape shifting witches, moon gazing hares and a smartly dressed devil ready to invite you to stray from the path. Humanizing animals with shoes and clothes is something I've always done and I imagine them to come alive at night. Getting dressed and helping an elderly shoemaker or the tired housewife"

For more info:
http://www.mister-finch.com/

All pictures are taken from Mister Finch's website

Mister Finch himself


Sleeping fox
Fox family


Owl in bell
Birds in coffins
Crows
Mushrooms
Moth with coach
Crying fox
Fish

Mister Finch's working room

No comments:

Post a Comment