Friday 25 October 2013

Ceramic figures

Both me and Frida collects animal figures, mostly porcelain. But recently I've decided to sell a lot of my figures and start over. I feel more for the ceramic figures from the 50s and preferably the ones made by Swedish designer such as Mari Simmulson, Gunnar Nylund, Thomas Hellström and my new favorite KE Iwar. Lisa Larsson is of course big in this area as well, but there are so many collecting her animals I don't enjoy it as much anymore. Call me pretentious, but I like to collect the more unusual things...
So, here are a bit of my collection so far and some more objects I would like to have.

My Collection:

Deers in the back from Uppsala Ekeby
Deer in the middle Thomas Hellström, Nittsjö
Deer in the front Tore Borg





Birds from unknown designers
Poodles from Lisa Larsson

This one is on it's way on the post, deer by Karl Erik Iwar

KE Iwar
This one I also just bought on tradera, poodle by KE Iwar
Not animals, but my collection of Uppsala Ekeby vases

And here are some more figures that I like:

More animals by Thomas Hellström
Owls by Mari Simmulson, Uppsala Ekeby
African animals from Uppsala Ekeby
Bear by KE Iwar
Gunnar Nylund done a lot of animals for Rörstrand, here is his monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment