Monday 2 December 2013

Elsa Beskow collection

When I was out the other day to find a christmas present for a friend, I ran into the collaboration between Design House Stockholm and designer Catharina Kipple. Catharina has interpreted and reworked the Swedish author Elsa Beskow's traditional children's book illustrations into wonderful prints on mugs, trays and kitchen towels. For me, who grew up with Elsa Beskow's stories it's brings back a lot of memories about my fantasies I used to have as a kid and how much I liked to just sit and look at her illustrations and imagine my own stories. I think a lot of the products are perfect for Christmas and I would like to have them all!!

All pictures: http://www.designhousestockholm.com/news/20130801beskow.html

Mugs with different motives


Mug with handle, Little Willow
Mug with handle, King Winter
Mug with handle, Bat
Mulled wine mugs
Christmas tree balls
Tray, Mrs Cabbage
Tray, Radish
Kitchen towel, The Strawberry family
Kitchen towel, Christmas elf family
Children's bed set
Bed set Lingon
Bed set Bluberry

No comments:

Post a Comment